Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tool 9, Incorporating classroom based devices

1. I think technology not only makes learning fun but it is also a very important part of today's culture. To tie the objective to technology, it is like promising to have technology embedded in the whole lesson.

2. I believe that students need to be held accountable at stations because with a few friends, it is easy for a center to turn into play time. Even in a PPCD classroom the kids need to understand that they are required to produce and learn something in every station.

3.I frequently use Starfall.com, and Jacob'slesson.com in my computer station. I like the fact that the kids can explore starfall by themselves and discover new things every day. Jacob's lesson is a great website for student with autism. it keeps track of their progress and you can print the progress sheet for your records.

4.I have plenty of appropriate apps for the younger kids in my classroom. The students get a lot of one on one time with the teacher and the assistants in a PPCD classroom setting. Keeping track of their progress is a lot easier. Although I use the iPad as a big reinforcer once they are done with their work at a station, they are still doing more work without realizing! They are matching shapes, doing puzzles, matching letters of the alphabet and spelling smaller words!

5.I not only use the iPad as a reinforcer once they finish their task, I also utilize it in my circle time, I use it at my communication center to help the kids use their words and I even use it in our fine motor station. The kids use their little fingers to trace shapes and letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment